Friday, December 23, 2005

The Right's Victim Complex

It never ceases to amaze me how the right always wants things both ways. 101st Fighting Keyboardists, for instance, love presenting the abrasive "let's turn Iran into glass" facade when it comes to war. But when push comes to shove, the chickenhawk alter-ego wins out; and the "I have kids" or "I have other priorities" or "my sorry a** can't" whining comes out in full bloom.

I was reminded of this phenomenon when I stumbled across a link to one of my (Delphi bankruptcy) posts, and although the title the author gave it didn't hold much promise for debate, I did wonder how a Bushie would spin this story.

Apparently, the right can't even be bothered to spin anymore:

"Following my post yesterday about Delphi's bankruptcy filing"


Oh, hey, this cat has some arguments to present. Here's the short version: this will suck for labor, or suck for GM.

To be fair, maybe my analysis was equally minute.

So if this post wasn't about Delphi, what exactly is GWhizKids taking on? I kid you not: "rough" language.

"...references to homosexuality and sodomy (you know, for a group that has "endorsed" gay rights to the extent the left-wingers have, they sure use it as an epithet often enough)"


Holy Crap! Did I really bash gays in that post (and if so, you'd think GWhizKids would have praise, not complaints.) Well, actually, no. I don't know how GWhizKids treats his spouse, but if it looks like what I described ...

"[Overhill:] I work with dozens of Arizonans making $10/hour or less who love having neocons, Republicans, and corporatists bend them over the table and insert some conservative sand and broken glass."


... I think it's time for someone to try celibacy until they have some remedial education. GWK, listen; despite what you've heard, gay sex doesn't involve emergency room visits.

Ah ha! But what about the final line? An obvious attack on homosexuality just as GWK declares!

"[Overhill:] By God, wages may be frozen, health care skyrocketing, the federal deficit prepping us for the next Great Depression; but at least the queers can't marry!"


Mr. WhizKids? I think you need this more than I do.

But I digress. Perhaps the true thurst of his argument lies in a word so foul, he can't be brought to print it:

"...and the word 'b***sh**' (I am not a prude, but I am not going print this word, even as an example of someone else's bad behavior)."


Oh.. my.. fucking... Gawd. Are you telling me the word "bullshit" makes your sack crawl up into your groin? Is this what it's come to for the Flying Monkey Right? (Note to GWK: Time to stop watching SpongeDob Stickypants.)

Before I go into complete maniacal laughter; certainly I respect those out there who truly are sensitive to profanity and prefer to keep away from it. Let's check out who this blogger shows as recommended reading. Hmm... Little Green Footballs? Certainly no one there uses such vulgar language.

Oh, wait, I take it back. I'd say 24000 hits is a "trend." Mr. Kids, I assume that link will be removed, post-haste? How can you stand linking to such a cesspool of, to use your words, "gutter-dwellers."

Well, quite frankly, my bronchitis is kicking in and raucous laughter is doing me no good at all, so let's close this thang...

One more quote:

"I know that Rush Limbaugh would say ..."


Stop! My stomach hurts! NO HE DID-INT! He "knows" what Rush would say! Now that's a ditto-head for you, he's reached mind-meld status. I give him credit for having balls there; I'd be susceptible to the intOxyCation.

But there it is; Rush weighs in on us swarthy lefties and how rough we are on delicate ears. As well he should, because Rush has never, oh wait.. this just in!

" I think a lot of the American culture is being feminized. I think the reaction to the stupid torture is an example of the feminization of this country."


Damn.. GWK, maybe you'd better find a new Deity? Sounds like El Druggo likes him some torture. If you feel pro-torture sentiment doesn't come from the gutter, hundreds of Congressmen beg to differ. (To be fair, Dubya and Vader agree with you. And I'd watch that "feminization" thing, if anti-torture is feminine, imagine what "tender ears" is!)

I think the best thing to do at this point, Mr. WhizKids, is to only click on links approved by the CWA. You'll be protected from the evil-doers with their naughty words and evil satire. You'll feel better. Honest.

No comments: