"One of the more spectacular results of this administration's insistence on lying about everything, all the time is that they never go to much trouble to make sure each lie matches the next. This is because, to use a scientific explanation, they are unrepentant syphilitic dog whores.
Following the lie, however, we see that in order to even argue the point, you have to agree with a whole litany of other points:
* That President Bush himself, as well as presumably his entire team, knew full well that Katrina was a devastating storm requiring mass evacuations in front of it, and one which would wreak catastrophic damage.
* And yet President Bush, and the rest of his cabinet, remained on vacation while they knew that.
* And yet FEMA was utterly unprepared, apparently, to offer assistance for it.
* And yet Homeland Security did, apparently, nothing to ensure FEMA was prepared to offer assistance for it.
* And yet in spite of apparently knowing the danger to New Orleans in specific, both the President and the administrator of FEMA were completely unaware that anyone had 'foreseen' that the levees would fail -- and apparently was only monitoring the levee condition via newspaper headlines.
* And yet, in the days following the storm, the FEMA director insisted that he wasn't even aware 15,000 evacuees had fled to the New Orleans convention center, a designated shelter area, until he was told by reporters.
* And yet, FEMA continued to reject assistance and turn rescuers away during the most critical days after the storm."
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
"Unrepentant syphilitic dog whores"
Daily Kos: Where Turd Blossom Goes, A Talking Point Blooms