Monday, July 11, 2005

Your Daily Snark

This Modern World: Stupidest talking point ever

Loved this so much, I've got to steal the entire thing.

"John Gibson to Bob Beckel, a few minutes ago (my transcription):

Were you ever in any of those receiving lines where Joe Wilson brought his CIA operative wife out into public view in front of cameras to meet the president and such? If he brings her out in public to be photographed by tv, hasn't he outed her?

Well, no, John, not unless he also hung a big 'CIA AGENT' sign around her neck. Look, I understand that Fox hires for ideology, not intelligence, so I'll try to explain this slowly: Karl Rove is not accused of exposing the fact that Joe Wilson has a wife. He stands accused of exposing Valerie Wilson's status as a clandestine CIA operative. I know it's complicated, but if you try really, really hard, you might be able to grasp the distinction."

No comments: