Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dennis Miller Fired

WHITEHOUSE.ORG: Dennis Miller: Hilarious Conservative Celebrity - Submit Questions to Bush Administration Officials -

Well, it took a bit longer than I imagined, but Miller finally got the axe. If I recall correctly, Miller was the inspiration for my very first blog post.

Ratings showed noboby will care about this announcement, but it holds some interest to me. Let's hear from the man himself, as detailed at whitehouse.org.

"But really, it's like I keep saying, 9/11© changed everything for me. Within seconds of 9/11©, my entire worldview was altered. I realized that I was washed up as a comic and that there was a huge glassy-eyed Fox-Murdoch demographic out there that, like Linda Lovelace before them, was willing to swallow anything. If I started slavishly telling them what they wanted to hear, I figured I could parlay my exciting and cerebral brand of 'Sean Hannity with F Troop References' into a lucrative talk show. So, with a tiny tear I lovingly coaxed to the corner of one eye (both eyes, man, would have been jejune), I bravely announced in the middle of a national 'We Love Bush' circle jerk that when I woke up on September 12th, I instantly understood that the Bush Administration is perfect and can do no wrong. And even though there's plenty of evidence to suggest that's just a bullshit line we cooked up later to convince the Free Republic crowd to watch my new talk show, I'm sticking to it like wedgies at a fractal geometry conference. OK babe? Know what I mean?"

No comments: