Saturday, July 02, 2005

Rove's Dream of Gannon/Guckert-like Roomate About to Come True?

Lawyer denies Rove leaked Plame's name

"A lawyer for Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove denied Saturday that Rove leaked the name of former CIA agent Valerie Plame to the press."


I've resisted this story, not because I don't think Rove did the crime... I just think he'll never do the time. I'm a McLaughlin Group viewer, for good or bad, and I saw Lawrence O'Donnell make the claim yesterday that Rove is the Plame leaker.

It is hard to believe the man who has setup many reporters and Johns Kerry and McCain would leave fingerprints on something this big. Even if he did, I fear that a lazy press and a corrupt administration will see to it that nothing comes of this.

And thousands of righties, neocons, and Christocrats will whine about the manner Rove was "victimized" in one breath, and Plame got what she deserved in the next.

No comments: