Sunday, May 01, 2005

What I'm Watching

Hey, far be it from me to jump off the "Hollywood sucks" bandwagon. There certainly has been quite a pile of crap coming from there the last decade or so. The corporate media whores have had a terrible effect on the film industry; art is reviled because it isn't "safe" for the masses.

That being said, I found myself shocked tonight after seeing two great movies in one night. Okay, I had to cheat a little: Kung Fu Hustle isn't a Hollywood movie.

However, if you are in need of some laughs and have a few bucks to spend, check out Kung Fu Hustle and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Both movies had me laughing out loud at times, and that's a damn rare commodity when the mega-corporate-studios are busy elevating the Ashton Kutchers of the world to comedy-factory status.

No comments: